Help.org Rehab Centers in California and Resource Guide for Veterans
We are working with Help.org to provide the most up to date resources regarding rehab and drug treatment in our region and resource availability for veterans.
Here is a link to drug and alcohol rehab center in California.
Also, here is a resource guide for veterans.
COVID-19 Prevention - Helpful Hints
The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency (SHRA) is offering emergency rental and utilities assistance for anyone in Sacramento County who has experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible applicants may receive assistance for past rent and utilities owed from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 and may qualify to have a portion of their rent paid for April, May, and June 2021.
**Please note: The deadline to apply is this Friday, March 19.**
2021 Medicare Health Fares
Capital Pro Bono (formerly Voluntary Legal Services Program of Northern California -VLSP)
SMUD is here to help you during these difficult times
- Pay your SMUD bill if you can afford to do so, but SMUD will not shut-off your electricity due to payment through January 4th, 2021
- Please contact us to make flexible payment arrangements
- Our Energy Assistance Program Rate (EAPR) discount is easier to apply for now for low-income families
- A PDF is attached in English and Spanish that can be re-shared via email, newsletter or website
- COVID link to learn more: direct link
- Spanish info www.smud.org/COVID19espanol
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter ( please just simply reshare the August 11th SMUD FB page post on any of these- We are here to Help).
- EAPR Discount https://www.smud.org/lowincome
- Med Rate: https://www.smud.org/en/Rate-Information/Medical-Equipment-Discount
United Way’s Digital Equity Program
This program provides the following for Sacramento’s low-income families: https://smud.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/processes-and-procedures/Ebz8LECNtr1BlvhF2ubA7aEBVA5JlrLivIcLaT_NpeuKfA?e=iMgEyB .
- Broadband access to up to 10,000 low-income households with children and seniors
- Provides computers to up to 1,000 households
- Digital literacy training to retain digital competency
HART events are meant to educate attendees about available services
Connecting folks with agencies that may help them, and shed light on the underlying factors that affect povertyLearn More